The Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Tatarstan enforces the implementation of the public policy in the field of justice, the coordination of the norm-setting activities of the executive bodies of state power of the Republic of Tatarstan, the assistance in ensuring the rights and legitimate interests of individuals and the state, the organization of interaction on legal issues with local self-government bodies, the organization and provision of material and logistical support to Magistrates and the wage of employees of the Offices of Magistrates on the Republic of Tatarstan.
The main objectives of the ministry are:
- implementation of state policy on the subjects of joint jurisdiction of the Russian Federation and the constituent entities of the Russian Federation and on subjects of its own jurisdiction of the Republic of Tatarstan in the field of justice within the powers of the Republic of Tatarstan;
- reach a level of norm-setting work of the executive bodies of state power of the Republic of Tatarstan, ensuring adequate protection of the rights and legitimate interests of the individual and the state;
- ensuring conditions for the implementation of Magistrates’ activities on the territory of the Republic of Tatarstan;
- implementation of the rights of citizens to receive free legal assistance;
- interaction on legal issues with local self-government bodies;
- creation of conditions for obtaining the information on municipal regulatory legal acts by state bodies, local self-government bodies, officials, citizens and organization.
The core competencies of the ministry are:
- legal expertise of draft federal laws on subjects of joint jurisdiction of the Russian Federation and entities of the Russian Federation, draft laws of the Republic of Tatarstan, draft decrees of the President of the Republic of Tatarstan, draft decisions of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Tatarstan, as well as laws of the Republic of Tatarstan, which were submitted to sign by the President of the Republic of Tatarstan;
- implementation of anti-corruption assessment of normative legal acts and draft normative legal acts;
- implementation of state registration of normative legal acts of republican executive bodies, including information of a State secret or information of a confidential nature;
- consideration of applications of bodies (organizations) authorized in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Tatarstan, on assignment to highly qualified lawyers of the Republic of Tatarstan and preparation of related conclusions on them;
- cooperation of the local self-government bodies on providing legal support of their activities;
- organization and maintenance of the register of municipal normative legal acts of the Republic of Tatarstan;
- monitoring the implementation of the transferred state powers by local self-government bodies to establish and organization of the administrative commissions’ activities;
- maintaining the Register of administrative and territorial units of the Republic of Tatarstan;
- permitting for the use the «Republic of Tatarstan» and «Tatarstan» names, as well as the words and abbreviations derived from those names, in their own names to legal persons;
- implementation of organizational and logistical support for the activities of Magistrates;
- participation in legal education and legal informing the public;
- creation of an interdepartmental commission on providing a legal assistance in urgent cases to citizens who find themselves in difficult situations;
- consideration of notifications of holding public events on the territory of several municipal districts, urban areas;
- definition of the specially designated places and premises for meetings of deputies of the State Duma, the State Council of the Republic of Tatarstan with voters.
Last updated: Jan, 23, 2020, 17:25